Every library has holdings that it is proud of and considers its most valuable contents, and it strives to highlight and preserve it. Therefore, the Scientific Periodicals Unit is one of the most prominent titles as a source of information. From this point of view, the Deanship of Library Affairs at King Saud University has established the Scientific Periodicals Unit, which in turn provides its services to researchers and library pioneers by enabling them From the use of information sources and specialized and different sciences that cover various fields of knowledge. The open shelves system is the system used to make scientific periodicals available to encourage pioneers and beneficiaries to read, view and research directly in accordance with the necessary controls.
Preparing the necessary plans for subscriptions to scientific periodicals according to the needs of the university's faculties departments.
- Implementation of subscriptions to periodicals.
- Indexing and classification of periodicals according to modern classification methods and Anglo-American rules.
- Sorting and arranging periodicals and placing them across their shelves.
- Collecting periodicals after making use of them by the pioneers and returning them to the shelves.
- Sorting the damaged periodicals, processing them and sending them for binding.
- Taking care of scientific journals through daily follow-up of the shelves.
Maintaining order and calm in the patrol room.
- Guiding and directing the pioneers of the periodicals hall.
Carrying out other tasks assigned to the unit in relation to scientific periodicals.