- Receive new items of book, English and Arabic references electronically from the Division of Technical Procedures and place it on the shelves.
- Receive returned books from users every day from Lending division, makes segregation, and arrange it on the trolleys, and return it back to the shelves again.
- Collect the information vessels on the reading tables every day in the morning and evening periods, makes segregation and arrange it and return it to the shelves again.
- Send damaged books to the division of book casing at the university after recording , and receive the books coming from book casing division.
- Maintain and repair books with slight damages which not needed to be send to the book casing division.
- Governmental Publication Division perform the technical procedures such as supplying, indexing, classification, magnetization, foot printing, stamping, and also supplying subset libraries and giving directional services to the users.
- Taking care of the rooms contents through daily follow up by shelves and noting utilization by users.
- Reading shelves and this operation is performing at the end of each term.
Halls Unit tasks deanship of libraries king saud universty