- Performing the supply process (Purchasing) for books, journals, and other different types of information vessels.
- Coordination with university units and college regarding suggestion by faculty, students and researchers from the different types of information vessels.
- Performing the technical operations needed for the process of supplying in a scientific way, such as studying the library groups and determining the different type of shortages.
- Preparing the necessary plans and policies to provide different information sources as per the need of the university and colleges' use.
- Performing indexing and classification process for books, journals, and others, according to the plans of modern classification and the Anglo-American rules of indexing.
- Follow up supply orders and negotiations with local suppliers and at international level, and prepare book's inventories for supplying.
- Follow up supplier's dues at the points of payment in the university.
- Follow up and coordination with the Deanship to solve arising emergencies and technical problems.
- Perform other duties assigned to the division.
- Writing to the concerned authorities in the university regarding the budget for books, references, and journals.
- Providing support and consultancy to the Deanship units and department regarding technical operations.
- Securing Prince Salman Library and it branches with books, references, and different type of information vessels.
- Writing to the colleges of the university regarding their needs of books and references, and secure it.
- Prepare purchasing orders following necessary technical procedures.
- Receiving requests and screening invoices in preparation for payment.
- Price Lending items missing if substitutes are not possible.
- Study the library categories of books and references and determine shortages.
Journals Supplying Unit
- Securing Library needs of specialist journals in Arabic and English.
- Follow up group membership in foreign journals in coordination with the concerned departments in the University.
- Prepare purchasing orders for Arabic journals at the beginning of every Gregorian year.
- Receive journals from suppliers and make necessary recording.
- Revise and audit invoices and send it to payments authorities.
Organizing Materials Unit
- Receiving books from supplying unit for indexing.
- Distribute copies according to universities libraries needs and the specialization of the colleges.
- Perform the complete indexing and categorization for books as per DUWI Decimal System.
- Transfer books through the system to the subset libraries.
- Receive thesis and dissertations, index it, and transfer it the Dissertations and Thesis Unit.