- Performing the supply process (Purchasing) for books, journals, and other different types of information vessels.
- Coordination with university units and college regarding suggestion by faculty, students and researchers from the different types of information vessels.
- Performing the technical operations needed for the process of supplying in a scientific way, such as studying the library groups and determining the different type of shortages.
- Preparing the necessary plans and policies to provide different information sources as per the need of the university and colleges' use.
- Performing indexing and classification process for books, journals, and others, according to the plans of modern classification and the Anglo-American rules of indexing.
- Follow up supply orders and negotiations with local suppliers and at international level, and prepare book's inventories for supplying.
- Follow up supplier's dues at the points of payment in the university.
- Follow up and coordination with the Deanship to solve arising emergencies and technical problems.
- Perform other duties assigned to the division.
- Writing to the concerned authorities in the university regarding the budget for books, references, and journals.
- Providing support and consultancy to the Deanship units and department regarding technical operations.
Functions of the Unit Technical Procedures deanship of libraries